Wrather Thoughts

A daily journal of the thoughts, ideas, and life of Ed Wrather who is a pastor and writer of the Burning Bush Devotional www.theburningbush.net wrather@dobsonteleco.com

Tuesday, January 15, 2002

Have a funeral to go to this afternoon which means our Tuesday prayer meeting will again be held on Thursday this week unless something interferes on Thursday which means we would have the prayer meeting on Friday but if something interferes on Friday I then give up for this week. Which poses the question if every week something interferes with the prayer meeting on Tuesday at what point does the Tuesday prayer meeting officially become the Thursday prayer meeting and if so was that divine intervention? Probably.

My brother-in-law's neice has passed away. I've never met her but over more than 30 years of contact with the family feel as though I know her. She was born with Downs Syndrome and at some point before school age was placed in a state institution. When our son was born with Downs we had already heard about my brother-in-law's neice and knew that we would not take the same course of action if we could avoid it. Through her I have a much deeper bond and understanding of a family then I ever would have otherwise. I also realized that our situation with our son was not something that was isolated and that there were families everywhere experiencing similar things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home