Wrather Thoughts

A daily journal of the thoughts, ideas, and life of Ed Wrather who is a pastor and writer of the Burning Bush Devotional www.theburningbush.net wrather@dobsonteleco.com

Thursday, February 07, 2002

Received call this morning from a woman wanting help. She is staying in a motel and says she has no place else to go and was wanting me to pay for a couple of more nights. Called and talked to the motel owner who said that night before last they appeared to have had a big party in their motel room and beer cans were all over the place. Of course I don't want to facilitate or enable her to have more "parties" but not sure what to do at this point to help her get going on the right path again.

It is sad how our lives can become so messed up when we leave God out of them. And even sadder is that many whose lives are messed up seem to think that living in that way is "normal." They think that because that is "normal" for them and they have never known any other way. I know that the only thing that will change this woman's situation is an act of God. Do I believe God is capable of doing that? Of Course! Will He? I don't know. I pray that He will move in this woman's life to somehow move her onto a new path that is not filled with evil. I ask this in Your Name Lord Jesus. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home