Wrather Thoughts

A daily journal of the thoughts, ideas, and life of Ed Wrather who is a pastor and writer of the Burning Bush Devotional www.theburningbush.net wrather@dobsonteleco.com

Tuesday, October 09, 2001

We had a great Sunday! Attendance was good with some young people present that had not been in church for some time. October 7 was set aside by Southern Baptists as a day of prayer and giving for the relief situation and for our country. We prayed for healing for our land, spiritual awakening, and wisdom for our leaders. October is also Pastor Appreciation month and I feel appreciated by my church!! There are so many wonderful people in this church! Sunday night we had our service outside at the Locke's on the Dobson Ranch and it was a special blessing.

Today work started on the new fellowship hall and classroom space being built on the north side of the church building. Estimated that it will take five months to complete.

I was headed home today after going to see my parents when Jeanie (my wife) called me and asked if I knew about the tornados north of Sayre which would have been between Elk City and Sweetwater. I could see the clouds but had no idea that they contained tornados. I would have driven right into them if she had not called. So, Nick and I stayed with Jeanie's parents for a couple of hours during the storms which went south and north. One tornado was spotted on the northeast side of Elk City and eventually destroyed a house north of Canute. We only had hail where we were at on the southwest side of Elk City. Another tornado hit Cordell which is southeast of Elk City about 30 miles and destroyed approximately 100 homes which for a city of only 3000 people is much destruction. Only minor injuries have been reported so far but am not sure that they have been able to really pin this down. The tornado producing storms continued on heading for Oklahoma City but had lost enough strength by then that they did not produce much damage there.

Thank you Lord for protecting me again! I lift up to you Lord all those who have been affected by these tornados and ask your help and comfort for them. In the Name of Jesus. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home