Wrather Thoughts

A daily journal of the thoughts, ideas, and life of Ed Wrather who is a pastor and writer of the Burning Bush Devotional www.theburningbush.net wrather@dobsonteleco.com

Friday, August 31, 2001

TGIF it's Friday! And we can thank God for another day He has made! The day has started out well for me with another new devotional written, sent, and posted. Have some left over things from yesterday which still need to be done today (sign, bulletin - those things). Sunday is our son Nick's 23rd birthday (Nick has Downs Syndrome) and we are spending the weekend in Oklahoma City in a motel since that is his favorite thing in the world to do. So, need to to take care of a few things today before we leave.

I need to visit my Mother and Dad at Canute today. They live about 45 miles east of here. My mother is for the most part bedridden and they have her so doped up that she is sleeping most of the time. I don't agree with her treatment program but parents (and my sister) always seem to have a mind of their own. She is receiving hospice care which I understand signs away some rights to other treatments. You have to be terminal under six months to live to receive hospice. In my mother's situation I see it as possibly being a self-fulfilling prophecy. Keeping her over medicated and bedridden may very well result in her deterioration and the excess medication may cause damage to kidneys and liver resulting in death. Sad situation but I have been unable to reason with them.

Enough of the sadness, there is work to do! Hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home